Adelphia at home and NAT...

Alex (ander Sendzimir) xela at battleface.com
Wed Dec 10 15:42:41 PST 2003

I chose Adelphia for my high speed internet service here in lovely
Vermont. Well, actually, Adelphia is the ONLY choice. Don't get me
started. DSL isn't even in sight.

I would like to be able to ssh into my home machine from a remote
internet site or someone else's computer. I've tried a couple of things
I thought might work and no such lunch. I understand Adelphia might be
using NAT to route packets to my home machine. If this is true, does it
mean I'm can't ssh remotely? How, if possible, can I get through. There
is a company in Boston that advertises a package that does dynamic DNS
for home computers. I haven't looked into how it works, though. There's
gotta be a way!

Thanks,

Alex