Dual-boot does not work with GRUB

sundeep.puliccott at wipro.com sundeep.puliccott at wipro.com
Mon Dec 8 03:59:06 PST 2003

Hi,
    I to have a multi boot system with linux and freebsd and windows.
GRUB is my boot loader.
I did not chain load FreeBSD.

This is my menu file for GRUB
default=1
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,4)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux 9 (2.4.20-8)
	root (hd0,4)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 ro root=LABEL=/
	initrd /initrd-2.4.20-8.img
title Windows 2000
	rootnoverify (hd0,0)
	chainloader +1
title FreeBSD 4.8
	root (hd0,3,a)
	kernel /boot/loader

And my fdisk -l
   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1             1       892   7164958+   7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda2           893       956    514080    b  Win95 FAT32
/dev/hda3           957      2522  12578895    5  Extended
/dev/hda4   *      2523      4865  18820147+  a5  FreeBSD
/dev/hda5           957       969    104391   83  Linux
/dev/hda6           970      2457  11952328+  83  Linux
/dev/hda7          2458      2522    522081   82  Linux swap

This works fine for me.
I to am a beginner and still gathering info

Hope it helps
-sundeep