possible issue with pam

Barry Hawkins ly5t5 at allthingscomputed.com
Tue Dec 2 20:17:47 PST 2003

List,
	Hello.  I have recently begun to encounter an issue with changing
passwords on my 5.1 installation.  I haven't touched anything on it for
a few months, and the last change-related activity I had were some
portupgrade tasks to rid myself of the libintl.so.4 issue solved with
"portupgrade -R gettext" back around September 2003.  I am wondering if
anyone has experienced an issue similar to mine.
	When I attempt to use passwd to change my password, I get the
following upon successfully re-typing the password:

passwd: entry inconsistent
passwd: pam_chauthtok(): error in service module

	If anyone has insight on this I would be grateful.  A search of the
list for pam_chauthtok only revealed one person asking a similar
question related to yppasswd.

Regards,
--
Barry C. Hawkins