ejecting a Zip disk using eject(1)

DG david at fielden.com.au
Mon Dec 1 15:29:59 PST 2003

I tried that too.  The eject command accepts just the device name without a
prefix, and prepends "/dev/" as necessary.

Specifically from man eject(1):

SYNOPSIS
     eject [-fnv] device

DESCRIPTION
     eject is a program to eject removable media from drive.  The device is
     removable drive name such as cd0, matcd0, mcd0, scd0, wcd0 or od0.
eject
     unmounts the device if it was mounted brefore ejecting.

Given that it says "removable drive name such as ..." I assumed that those
listed were just examples, and that any ejectable media should be
programatically ejectable.  My interpretation of the man page may have been
incorrect, or eject might not support Zip drives?

Dave