Why people are not satisfied with FreeBSD?

MikeM zlists at mgm51.com
Sat Aug 30 05:50:49 PDT 2003

On 8/30/2003 at 7:13 PM Denis Troshin wrote:

|Hi!

Hi.

|Looking  at  the  field MAILER of e-mails' headers, I see that there a
|lot  of  people here who are using mail programs like Outlook, Eudora,
|Mozilla    for   win32. This means that they run windows systems.   So
|I'm  asking why still a lot of people here who hadn't move to FreeBSD?

I use FreeBSD for my servers (I have one Linux server as well).

|Are  there  any  common  reasons  of why people are not satisfied with
|FreeBSD? Why do they still prefer windows?

I still use Windows 2000 here on my desktop.  The main reason: Quicken.  I
neeed to run Quicken for personal use.  I am, however, looking to move my
desktop over to Linux or FreeBSD at some point when Windows 2000 becomes
obsolete for my needs.  I have no plans to move to Windows XP.