CVS GSSAPI authentication.

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Thu Aug 21 14:42:51 PDT 2003

Hi,

  I've successfully setup a CVS pserver running from inetd.  I've also
got authentication working through the use of KerberosV (Heimdal)
tickets with the GSSAPI stuff.  However, I've been reading through the
info file for CVS and I can't understand whether or not the
authentication is secure -- there is mention of a ``-a'' and ``-x''
argument for two different types of encrypted.  I believe these to be
encryption for the actual data transmitted, am I correct?  All I want is
for secure authentication... if the data transmitted clear that's not a
problem.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jab:lewiz at jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-