how to mount my floppy?

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 19 08:28:20 PDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:56, you wrote:
> hello,Malcolm
>
> yeah,by examining the process of the system`s booting,two concerned
> messages as below were found :
> fdc0:cannot reserve i/0 port rang(6 ports)
> fdc0:cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
> what does it mean?resources conflict?

Probably; I am no expert here but I suppose somehow the port address range
either cannot be accessed for some hardware reason or it has already been
claimed as something else.
Are we talking about a traditional standard PC floppy? Not something special
such as USB, SCSI or ATAPI?

> i also tried to use /MAKEDEV fd0 to create the device file,but ,it

This is not available if you are running FBSD 5.x.
But if it is FBSD 4.x then you have lost the dot. Notice my original response
says "./MAKEDEV" not "/MAKEDEV"

or you could use
 /dev/MAKEDEV fd0

> said,command not found!