Accepting new commiters

Martin Matuska martin at tradex.sk
Mon Aug 18 12:14:22 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am writing a master thesis about open source development processes and one of
my analysis objects are processes of the FreeBSD project. The FreeBSD
documentation (handbook, articles) is a great source of information, but there
are some points missing in the documentation I consider important.

I would like know more on the following items:

1. Who makes the decision, who is authorized and who is responsible for
accepting (adding) new commiters?

2. Who makes the decision, who is authorized and who is responsible for
releasing (deleting) existing commiters (whatever reason)?

A great help would be a link to a document describing this issue (but a simple
answer helps, too).

Thank you very much.