Submit new PR or Submit to an existing PR?

K Anderson freebsduser at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 02:27:21 PDT 2003

Hey folks,

Since I didn't get a response asking about the module already existing
problem with miibus and if_ed I went and checked for a PR and found what
that pretty much matches my problem. It is Problem Report kern/55279.

I would like to know if I should either submit a new PR or click on the
old submit follow-up link?

Here's my reasoning to want to do the follow-up link:
I recently cvsup'd and rebuilt my diskless kernel which was also
displaying at least the problem with miibus module existing error. But
for some strange reason it stopped and now only the server complains
about miibus and if_ed. Since both kernels where built on the same
maching & use the same everything (with the exception of the diskless
kernel runs on systems to be diskless workstations) with the exception
of hardware (they do share the same libraries modules and what ever else
clone_root copies). Of course miibus being the culprit here.

OR

Should I submit a whole new PR with the contents of both kernel
configuration files?

Thanks for your advice. Hopefully one way or the other I can get my
kernel configurations to the hands of those that need them and they can
determine why the sudden change.

On a different note. Somebody foobarred the rl driver to where it shows
it is working but is more or less inoperable (ethereal was telling me it
was receving invalid packets over the rl interface) I put my old kernel
back and the rl interface is back to normal. Do you think this warrents
a PR? Oh, and for giggles I rebuilt the kernel several times just to
make sure it wasn't something funky.

TIA