Error while mounting Fat32-Partition

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.no-ip.com
Fri Aug 15 16:24:10 PDT 2003

Stefan Malte Schumacher <s.schumacher at netcologne.de> writes:

> > /dev/ad4s1              /mnt/I          msdos   rw              0       0

Yes, that should work okay.  Assuming, of course, that you have the
device and directory names correct.

> Oh and another thing : What entries do I have to make so that users can
> access these partitions and read/write on them ?

RTFM (mount_msdos(8)), but the easy thing is to change the permissions
on the mount point.

Keep in mind, though, that *all* users will have the same access
unless you play games with the group ownership of the mount point.
This is *not* a filesystem type that supports any kind of local
security.