How to send a PR without send-pr?

Scott Mitchell scott+freebsd at fishballoon.org
Wed Aug 13 01:21:11 PDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:47:03PM +0200, Toni Schmidbauer wrote:

> trying to answer q2 because q1 was too complicated :-)
>
> edit /etc/mail/submit.cf and change
>
> D{MTAHost}[localhost]

> D{MTAHost}[<global mail server>]
>
> restart sendmail. this is untested, so let me know if it works
> for you.
>
> because relaying over <global mail server> is only permitted
> after a successfull pop login, use fetchmail just before sending
> the mail:
>
> fetchmail -c -p pop3 -u <your username> <global mail server>

Possibly easier to edit /etc/mail/freebsd.submit.mc.  Change the last line:

FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl

FEATURE(`msp', `your.mail.server')dnl

Then run 'make all install' in /etc/mail.  This has exactly the same effect
as Toni's solution, but I find the .mc far easier to read than the .cf that
is generated from it, plus this approach will survive an installworld - that
runs make in /etc/mail, which will re-generate your submit.cf.

Cheers,

	Scott