[XFree86] X Reboot

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sun Aug 10 22:12:08 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 21:39, Bob Bomar wrote:
> I have a Radoen 7500 on a FreeBSD 4.8 machine
> running dual head with Xinerama support just fine,
> but when I remove the Xinerama option and take off
> the second screen, then go to startx, the machine
> just reboots.  I can not find anything in the logs
> about anything that went wrong, it just reboots.
>
> My X conf is attached.

Xinerama causes the DRI to be disabled, and I see you have Load "dri" in
your XF86Config.  Turning off Xinerama could allow the DRI to try to
load.  If you have an old version of drm-kmod or the DRM modules
installed which hasn't been updated when you updated a kernel, it could
easily cause a panic and reboot your machine.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org