Think outside of the box (Gawd, I hate that term)

Rob listone at deathbeforedecaf.net
Sun Aug 10 00:12:06 PDT 2003

It's a wonderful idea.

To have a chance, you would need
* leader(s) with a convincing vision for 'the new thing'
* long-term financial backing
* hardware design expertise
* partnerships with major hardware manufacturers

You also need a target market that is
* under-serviced by the current vendors
* small enough not to be worth fighting over
* large enough to keep you financial
* prepared to disown all their existing applications

If you get all this, and are incredibly lucky, you will become Apple.
But you're much more likely to end up as Be Inc.