ports-supfile file problem

John DeStefano deesto at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 07:50:56 PDT 2003

I'm trying to update my ports tree to address some possible solutions
posted here to another problem.  The command I'm running is:
# cvsup -g -L 2 /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/ports-supfile

Here's the result:
Parsing supfile "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/ports-supfile"
Release not specified for collection "host=ftp3.FreeBSD.org"

And here's the relevent portion of the file:

*default host=ftp3.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

I've also tried simply "cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile" and "cvsup
ports-supfile", which both return the same error.
I assume this is in relation to the line "*default release=cvs tag=.",
but I'm following the handbook and the sample file by leaving "tag=.".
I also tried changing "." to the correct cvs tag (RELENG_5_0) and got
the same results.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
~John