qmail +smtp authentication ?

Derrick Ryalls ryallsd at datasphereweb.com
Wed Aug 6 13:46:23 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 10:06, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I want to setup a personal email server for my domain
> on my frebsd 4.7S box.  I've heard great things about
> qmail.  This lead me to wonder about smtp authentication
> with qmail as I think that would eliminate the open relay
> problem.
>
> is smtp authentication possible with qmail ?

http://www.cuni.cz/~vhor/qmail/smtpauth-en.html

This is what I used to get it working.  It works just fine for the most
part using login auth.  The only problem I have it that on each email
that is sent, qmail-smtpd exits abnormally.  Nothing is destabilized,
but if you ever figure it out, send me a line (if you use this).