freebsd and mailman groups

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Wed Aug 6 12:44:38 PDT 2003

I have just about got mailman working, but have the following error in
/var/log/maillog:

Aug  6 13:42:22 lorax Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.
Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
"mailnull", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "mail".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
"mailnull", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
`--with-mail-gid=mail'.

I was hoping for some advice as to easiest way to fix this. I'm always
nervous when something says "try tweaking the mail server", but I don't
want to re-run ./configure if it will mess up something that I have
already set up...

Thanks,

--
Kirk R. Wythers			Department of Forest Resources
Tel: 612.625.2261		University of Minnesota