Bootstrap: Machine keeps booting ? (boot0/mbr) ?

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 6 07:59:57 PDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Stephan van Beerschoten wrote:

> I installed the Bootloader for my dualboot machine, and when it comes up
> during boot:
>
> F1 ??
> F2 FreeBSD
>
> and I press F2, it autmatically reboots again. Please note it DID work
> yesterday, but somehow my laptops keeps booting on my now. (-CURRENT ?
> why?)

You probably have your swap partition as the first partition on your
drive.  Boot up to a fixit floppy and rewrite your boot blocks.  Then
re-cvsup to the very latest current, phk@ has already fixed this problem.

regards,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Vienna University Computer Center      Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
University of Vienna                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/