Bash / Promise Controller

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Mon Aug 4 08:46:33 PDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 23:48, Stefan Malte Schumacher wrote:
> Hello Malcom
>
> I am verry Sorry I seem to have forgotten to include in my first mail that
> I am not talking about xterm but about the plain virtual terminals.
> Nonetheless this will be usefull once I begin to configure X.

Foolish of me to assume you were running X.
However my comment wrt ls is still valid -- but you want need to change the
TERM environment variable. Just try 'ls -G'.

Then you can create an alias or define the environment variable CLICOLOR will
make coloured ls displays more or less standard.

Malcolm Kay

Terminal scrolling is toggled on and off with the 'Scroll Lock' key.>