Something is wrong here

vizion communication vizion at ixpres.com
Sun Aug 3 09:59:58 PDT 2003

HI

I have previously emailed
freebsd-questions-owner at freebsd.org over problems with
regard to what gets classified as "excessive bounces". As a
result of which I repeatedly get removed from the list. On
each occasion I receive an email that tells me I have been
temoved due to excessive bounces. That email quotes a
confirm reference which does not work. I have to log in to
my account and change the preferences in order to continue
to receive the list postings.

This always seems to happen during a period of time when:
(a)  I have made no postings to the list (so that rules out
anything posted by me having bounced!")
(b)  I have received multiple emails from many other sources
and there are no records of bounces from other lists
(including multiple freebsd lists!)
(c) The emails to me from
freebsd-questions-request at freebsd.org are reaching me.

So what is happening??? Perhaps the settings for the mail
server do not deal gracefully with advice that mail is
temporarily undeliverable for some reason  or what -- anyway
it is happening too often.

As I cannot seem to get an empathetic reply free
freebsd-questions-owner at freebsd.org I am posting this query
to the list -- I would like to know if anyone else is having
similar problems.
David