Hanging on ftp ftp.freebsd.org on way to ports collection

Joseph Maxwell jemaxwell at jaymax.com
Mon Apr 28 09:54:50 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am attempting to get to the ports distribution at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports     (according to the
manual)
but for some reason my ftp seems to hang,  at either ftp.FreeBSD.org or
ftp.freebsd.org, although I can reach other machines for ftp purposes.
Am I attempting to connect to the correct site? or is there some other
esoteric requirement of the site? My machine is on a LAN behind a DSL
gate, machines do not have a DNS entry just an IP address.
Thanks

--  Joe  --