Development Contacts

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 26 19:55:09 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, 23 April 2003 at 15:10:46 -0700, kjiwa at canada.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to get involved with FreeBSD development. I'd really like
> to get involved with stuff like kernel scheduling and working with posix
> threads.
>
> I've subscribed to the -current and -hackers mailing lists, and I was
> told that it might be a good idea for me to e-mail the person who deals
> with kernel scheduling or pthreads to let him/her know that I'd like to
> help. I took a look through the web site, and I looked through the
> source code, but I couldn't find contact info about who I should
> contact. It's probable that I missed it, but I like to think I've looked
> pretty thoroughly.

If you're interested in getting involved this deeply, it's a good idea
to subscribe to the cvs-all mailing list as well.  There you'll see
who is actually doing the work.

You've probably chosen either a bad time or a bad area to want to work
in.  There's a lot of activity going on both with threads and with the
scheduler.  I'll send you a private reply with the names of the people
you could contact.

Greg