Time Problem in 5.0

Lord Sith lordsith49 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:57:25 PDT 2003

Also from nptd's man page:

-q      Exit the ntpd just after the first time the clock is set. This
behavior mimics that of the ntpdate(8) program, which is to be retired. The
-g and -x options can be used with this option.

So this option comes close, but only mimics. So I would prefer to avoid the
mess that would come with waiting for ntpd to do its thing and use a program
that does no more than what I want it to.

My personal preference though... I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to
running things on my boxes.