freeBSD installing

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Fri Apr 25 16:22:19 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:43:03AM +0100, boban.savic at telia.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry, but I must ask you about installing from floppies. When I try to create
> boot floppy via commando:
> D:\downloads\FreeBSD\bootfiles>fdimage boot.flp a:
> ...I get the answer:
> boot.flp - File is too big
>
> Boot.flp is 2.88 M  and (according the whitepappers) it should create 2
> disc...Please help...what shell I do to create 2 bootdiscs ?

You should use the two files, kern.flp and mfsroot.flp, instead.  Boot from
kern.flp, and replace it with mfsroot.flp when prompted.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \