graphical/X lib for simple splash screen

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 03:34:03 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

	First off, I know this really isn't the place to ask this, but I honestly
don't know a better place to ask. (I mean, there's just SO many smart people
around this list with such a wealth of computer related knowledge...)

(will an *ss-kiss buy a stupid question?)

Anyways, I've been writing a console based app. in c++ as part of school
project this semester, and kind of wanted to throw in a quick 'splash
screen' or dialogue window for the 'about' output. (using predefines to
distinguish from pure console code, of course.)

What I'm wondering is, what is the easiest path for me to accomplish this?

I have gtk and qt, and have been looking at them a bit. But, it seems, both
these programs require a bit of extensive reworking of my program (which
doesn't use autoconf and all that; just a handwritten configure and
makefile). (Both also seem to come from the standpoint of being instantiated
in main; of course, this isn't what I want.)

I can't help but think that an easier method is available in some lower
lib.s to just put up a simple window.

Anyways, that's about it. I'm just wondering what would be easiest way...
Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Peace,
Clayton