question

Pascal Giannakakis CapM at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 03:09:04 PDT 2003

You are Gordon Freeman? Hehe, call me G-Man then! :D

>  Greetz to all BSDTeam&BSDDaemon!
>  As a new user I have several questions:
>
>  1. When I set up the FreeBSD, I've already like it (Daemon is faster,
> security, everithind is ander my control, etc.), but I have to reboot to
> WinXP, because only there my SoundBlaster 128 can work. I've read many
manuals
> about unix&FreeBSD based systems, but there are not much information
tokill
> this problem.

I think you need to recompile your kernel and add sound support: It is
described in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

>  2. Also I can't find a real photoshop for BSD. I've tride gimp, but it
> doesn't work! Web editors I can't find also.
>
>   Please, help me with this problem.

Are you familiar with the ports system? You might find a program there.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html and
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-trouble.html

Another option would be to install wine  ( http://www.winehq.com/ - it is in
the ports of course) and then try