Accurate time without a network connection?

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 14:19:35 PDT 2003

David Kelly <dkelly at hiwaay.net> wrote:

>Surfing http://www.ntp.org/ has turned up a lot of information but
>little hardware. Of most interest was use of sound card connected to
>radio receiver for decoding the time signals. But that's a touch exotic
>for this application. Else I'd use the $20 LCD "atomic clock" I have on
>my wall, a $25 USB "web-cam", and some sort of OCR.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing after reading that 'solution'!

There's a self build method at the following URL with notes for USA users:
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/radioclock.html
I'm determined to make one (or two) myself soon.

I think Charles Swiger gave the answer which will suit you best.

John.