Using linux-jdx to build java ports?

Simon Barner barner at in.tum.de
Mon Apr 21 15:23:19 PDT 2003

> Does anybody know how to tell the ports system to use Linux's JDK?

As far as I understand things, the ports collection should take care of this and
determine which java version you have installed (see ports/Mk.bsd.java.mk for
the implementation of this task).

Somehow, the ports collection is not able to find the jdk on your system.

My (wild) guesses are:
1. Your ports collection is not up-to-date
2. You have an outdate version of java on your system:

   What's the output of ls -d /usr/local/*jdk*  ? Your linux jdk should be
   something like "linux-sun-jdk1.3.1" (I think it used to be "linux-jdk1.3.1"
   which is not recognized anymore).

3. The port you are trying to install does not use the port collection's
   mechanisms?

   Btw.: Which port is causing your problem?

Cheers,
 Simon