Cannot mount more than 8 shares with smbfs + location of nsmb.conf

Are-Harald Brenne are-harald.brenne at econ.uib.no
Thu Apr 17 14:35:36 PDT 2003

I'm using 5.0-p7.

My /usr/local/etc/nsmb.conf:
[default]
username=guest
password=

[billfish]
addr=10.10.66.194

Should I use /etc/nsmb.conf or /usr/local/etc/nsmb.conf?

The main problem:

A script is run to mount 12 anonymously accessible shares from my winxp-box billfish in various directories. But only the 8 first are mounted. I have tried to changed the order of the mount commands in the script. The last four mounting commands results in the following error message:

mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = RPC struct is bad

The command in the script is:
/sbin/mount_smbfs -N -E iso-8859-1:cp866 -I billfish //guest at billfish/4 /ftp/billfish/4

Running the command shown below produce the same result:
mount_smbfs -N -I billfish //guest at billfish/4 /ftp/billfish/4

What do I do to mount more than 8 different smb shares?

Cheers,
Are