Bootloader

Michael Rasile keeper at neo.rr.com
Wed Apr 16 10:42:28 PDT 2003

Greetings!
Thanks to all who responded with suggestions as to how to install a
bootloader. Well, nothing is working. I have WinXP on my first hard
drive. I have installed FreeBSD 4.7 on the second hard drive. It's
installed,but the part of the install that should install the
bootmanager needs to be rewritten, IMHO. Sorry to say this, but Linux
does the bootloader much better. I find the instructions very
confusing. I really want to give Free BSD a chance, but if I can't
get it to load with the boot loader, then it doesn't matter. So, is
there any way I can install a bootloader on the WinXP drive without
reinstalling FreeBSD. Does no good to reinstall because it's always
the same problem. I've checked the docs, the mailing lists, but with
no specific answer. Somebody needs to clarify the boot loader install
for people like me. :-)
Thanks for anything, except "get it right, stupid." :-)))))

Regards,
Mike
keeper at neo.rr.com