FreeBSD logo...

CARTER Anthony a.carter at cordis.lu
Wed Apr 16 02:24:44 PDT 2003

Not only that, but without the demon, their religion would be meaningless. The
whole point is equilibrium...Without it, there is no need for their faith
because all will be good (remember, God is all good, Devil all bad, in the
world)...The only reason that religion was made was to explain to people why
bad things happened to them, thereby relieving the governors from accepting
responsibility for their short-comings, giving them something to think about
instead of expecting more, and generally keeping people quiet.

There is moral in religion, I'll give you that. Just look at current day west
standards...As greed becomes more important, religion becomes less (one of
the deadly sins btw). This is normal...We found something that will give us
something in return (no, I am not forgetting eternal life after death
promised by people who really had no idea...), namely possessions.

Also, just because the image is a demon, it does not mean that we propogate
evil desires or information in favour of evil things. <smirk>Hey, why not
stick a halo over the demons head?</smirk>That will negate his negative
vibes...