FreeBSD logo...

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.homeip.net
Wed Apr 16 01:41:50 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:46:45 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> Do some searches and the first thing you'll find is that Chuck (the
> daemon) has not satanic or religious significance whatsoever.  To

Please, don't call him Chuck :)

Read: http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/index.html

"Many folks have asked about the BSD daemon's name. Contrary to a myth
first started by some advertising droid at Walnut Creek, the daemon's
name is NOT Chuck. He is very proud of the fact that he does not have a
name, he is just the BSD daemon. If you insist on a name, call him
beastie."

Also, does anyone else find it ironic about a christian complaining
about a daemon being used as the logo? I mean, these are the people that
used to kill in the name of God, some even still do it (Israel)

/me puts asbestos suit

Cheers,
        Miguel Mendez - flynn at energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt