make install port question across nfs

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Mon Apr 14 18:39:37 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to build a port on a fast machine and export the
/usr/ports /usr/src /usr/obj via nfs to a number of slower machines.
 After running make on the fast machine, I want to do a make install
on the slower boxes.

The port builds fine on the fast machine and a make install works
too.  What I'm seeing is the slower boxes just return a shell prompt
after executing make install.   Nothing happens.  Even if I run
make, nothing happens.  All machines are running 4.8-STABLE and have
identical /etc/make.conf files  (attached).

Could someone help me out here, I'm obviously missing something.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Doug