console programs

Joshua Lokken joshualokken at attbi.com
Sun Apr 13 14:15:02 PDT 2003

* Adam (blueeskimo at gmx.net) wrote:
==> On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 14:59, John Young wrote:
==> > I run a P133 with 16RAM and a 4GIG drive... it's not much, but it does the trick. Since I am unable to run X, I have been looking around and haven't been able to find a good site for console programs. When I say console programs I mean applications like word processors, spreadsheets, databases, a few games etc. Any console sites I do find only have server software, and the ports seems to favor X for the kinds of applications i'm looking for.
==> >
==> > Can anybody please point me to a good site? / Port?
==> >
==> > thanx a lot
==>
==> Here's a list of the console apps I use regularly (all installed from
==> ports):
==> ICQ: centericq
==> IRC: irssi
==> Text Editor: nano, joe
==> Email: mutt
==> Database: postgresql (with psql client)
==> Calculator: yacas, calc
==> File Manager: mc
==> Dictionary: dict
==> FTP: lftp, yafc
==>
==> Hope this list at least gives you a starting point.

cmp3 is a *great* console mp3 player/playlist generator :)

--
Joshua