nvidia driver, Quake3 and XFree86 problem

How Can ThisBe howcanthisbe300 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 10:26:46 PDT 2003

I'm running -CURRENT, XFree86-4.3.0,1, nvidia-driver-1.0.3203_1
and have no problems with QuakeForge (GLX) but Quake3 kills
XFree86 every time with almost nothing in /var/log/XFree86.0.log
other than 'Caught signal 11. Server aborting'.

QuakeForge has no problems going into and out of fullscreen
mode, glxinfo looks good, so I'm wondering if this is a common
problem with Q3A or somnething that someone else have solved.

If you need any more info or details let me know.