Getting any jdk to work with latest freeBSD isimpossible?

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sat Apr 12 19:51:07 PDT 2003

[Please don't remove cc freebsd-questions]
On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 12:36:22AM +0200, Joachim Dagerot wrote:

[...]
> > This means that your FreeBSD *isnt'* the latest. You need to upgrade
> > to 4.8-RELEASE. Without various changes made to the system
> libraries,
> > you won't be able to run JDK1.4 correctly.
> > --
> > Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>
>

> In that case freeBSD has even more problems, I download floppy images
> from a path including RELEASE-5 and then made the whole installation
> from the net.

5-RELEASE is a not a production-system release, as it states at:

    http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/early-adopter.html

You should stick with 4.8-RELEASE, which is a "supported" release.
--
Jonathan Chen                      |      To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
<jonc at chen.org.nz>                 |      To be is to do  -- Sartre