stand/..

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Apr 11 16:01:24 PDT 2003

Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
> I've a question about de /stand directory. It still exists after my
> upgrade from 4.7 to 4.8 through source. 4.7r was installed through an
> ISO-cd file ;-)
>
> Do I wipe this "stand" dir? Or do I "refresh it" somehow. I also have
> the 4.8 release on CD.. Any advice would be appreciated.

/stand contains the wonderful sysinstall ... which can be used for many
system administrative duties.  If you don't use sysinstall ... I suppose
you could delete /stand
I keep it around ... especially if I'm not around and I need to talk
someone through, it's often easier to talk them through sysinstall than
most other messages.
/stand should get updated when you buildworld.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies