Chrooting SSH

Ian Barnes ian at cerebellum.za.net
Fri Apr 11 14:37:47 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have a few questions for the brains around.

1.)I am going to set up a shell server. I want to CHRoot the users, and
allow them access to certain programs only. There will be different levels
on the server, so i want to be able to control what level user can use what
program (WOW!).

2.)I also want to implement bandwidth management, please point me in the
right direction to finding a good tutorial on how to do this.

3.)What firewall should i use ... IPFW or IPF ? Im not going to be doing
NAT, just basic firewalling, but i need it to be secure. Which is the easist
to learn etc.

4.)Any Web-Based control pannels that a few "SuperUsers" could use to
administor this. (Besides Webmin).

5.)Setting up quotas for each user. Saying X is allowed 10meg while Y is
allowed 50meg etc.

6.)Checking how much data they have transferred so we can see if anyone is
abusing it.

Sorry for the questions, but im still a n00b at this.

Thanks for the help.

Ian Barnes