problem with installkernel upgrading from 4.6.2 release to 5.0 release

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+freebsd at keyslapper.org
Fri Apr 11 06:51:32 PDT 2003

On 04/10/03 09:52 PM, taxman sat at the `puter and typed:

> > <SNIP>
>
> Depends on whether latest or most stable is more important.  The latest
> relasease from the stable branch (4.8 Release as of now) will likely satisfy
> what you're looking for.  If you'd like a little more of the latest, then
> update along the 4-stable path more often.

Cool.  I'll go with 4.8 Release.

> Read the other link i sent and
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html
>
> Should help answer for your needs.
>
> Your upgrade procedure was nearly perfect by the way.  Just reboot after the
> installkernel and you might have gotten it to work.
> Anyway, have fun

Thanks.  The thing is, I did reboot.  Several times.  It looks like
the upgrade didn't change the mbr or something, and it keeps looking
in the old kernel location.

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

no brainer:
  A decision which, viewed through the retrospectoscope,
  is "obvious" to those who failed to make it originally.