XFree86 4.3.0, mysterious crash

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Thu Apr 10 02:52:23 PDT 2003

> I've been experiencing mysterious crashes with XFree86 4.3.0 on FreeBSD
> 4.8-STABLE. The problem started occuring as soon as I installed 4.3.0
(with
> a portupgrade, all components have been upgraded)
> The system seems to simply hang completely, it responds to nothing but a
> hardware reset. I have tried with both my ATI Radeon 7500 and my SiS 6326
> AGP, same thing. Other than that, everything works as before.
> Anyone out there had a similar problem?

Well, actually I do, but I never took the time to investigate more. I though
it was because I was using the binary closed drivers from NVidia... but
obviously, it's not...
I won't have the time to investigate since I won't be home for 2 weeks, but
if anyone finds more stuffs about this problem, please post here.

Antoine