apm

Joshua Lokken joshualokken at attbi.com
Tue Apr 8 14:29:59 PDT 2003

* Fabio Miranda Hamburger (fabmirha at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr) wrote:
==> > In <Pine.LNX.4.44.0304081421560.23510-100000 at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr>, Fabio Miranda Hamburger <fabmirha at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr> typed:
==> > > > apm, on the other hand, is the past. acpi is where power management is
==> > > > going. Improving that is in the development path. So wait for it, or
==> > > > install -current and do some work on it yourself.
==> > > Sure, typical "FreeSBD" stgyle answer: "do it yourself, because we are
==> > > unix guru and like play with the kernel".
==> >
==> > Please don't feed the trolls.
==>
==> Yes, complaint in mailing list about FreeBSD lack of hardware and new
==> feature support is "being a troll" or "lame".
==> We cant complaint to freebsd developers who use emacs and elite tools,
==> they are able to c0de their own version of freebsd and they no have time
==> to "window's world feature".
==>
==> Many of us like FreeBSD style, It's polite, serious, clean but We would
==> like to install freebsd in they hardware we want or in a modile machine.
==>
==> for example, for a Dell inspiron, i could boot normally the kernel, I had
==> to "hack it", I cant run  X windows cuz free86 guys havent realease the
==> driver, and a Dell insipiron is very old.
==> Windows XP installed perfect and had all apm functions enable and working
==> perfectly.
==>
==> Who's the "elite"?
==>

I'm a newbie, you're a troll--this just isn't the proper forum.

--
Joshua

==>
==>