apm

Fabio Miranda Hamburger fabmirha at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr
Tue Apr 8 13:53:37 PDT 2003

> In <Pine.LNX.4.44.0304081421560.23510-100000 at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr>, Fabio Miranda Hamburger <fabmirha at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr> typed:
> > > apm, on the other hand, is the past. acpi is where power management is
> > > going. Improving that is in the development path. So wait for it, or
> > > install -current and do some work on it yourself.
> > Sure, typical "FreeSBD" stgyle answer: "do it yourself, because we are
> > unix guru and like play with the kernel".
>
> Please don't feed the trolls.

Yes, complaint in mailing list about FreeBSD lack of hardware and new
feature support is "being a troll" or "lame".
We cant complaint to freebsd developers who use emacs and elite tools,
they are able to c0de their own version of freebsd and they no have time
to "window's world feature".

Many of us like FreeBSD style, It's polite, serious, clean but We would
like to install freebsd in they hardware we want or in a modile machine.

for example, for a Dell inspiron, i could boot normally the kernel, I had
to "hack it", I cant run  X windows cuz free86 guys havent realease the
driver, and a Dell insipiron is very old.
Windows XP installed perfect and had all apm functions enable and working
perfectly.

Who's the "elite"?