Strange network behaviour

Vincent Zee basics at zenzee.cistron.nl
Mon Apr 7 14:34:14 PDT 2003

I am really at a loss at the moment.

I have a 100baseT network at home and all connected machines have 100Mb
network cards.
When I upload mp3 files from my ibook to the FreeBSD server the speed
drops to 100kb/s.

This only happens between these two particular machines. These same
machines connected to other machines give the expected transmission
speeds. I checked cables, switches and router but found nothing
unexpected.

Any hints, ideas or even solutions are most welcome.

The FreeBSD machine is running 4.7 and the ibook 10.2.4

/\
Vincent