FreeBSD Port/Distribution Installation

Sukhbinder Singh sukhbinders at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:02:20 PDT 2003

I downloaded the port, packages and the distributions that I needed.
However, I am unable to run these packages. Like for instances, I want to
run the X - Windows environment. I am unable to run it. I went to the
specific directory for example the XFree86 - 4 directory and typed "make &&
make install clean" at the command prompt but however I am unable to get the
X - windows environment running. I do not know how to use the "pkg_add"
command. In other words I cannot get the programs, ports, distributions or
the packages running which I had already downloaded. Any help will be
helpful.

Sukhbinder