apsfilter, ghostscript and my wife's Lexmark 3200 printer

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 15:55:47 PST 2003

Hi.
I've got printing set up and I have been able to generate the test print
from 5.0-CURRENT to my Laserjet 2200dse via USB cabling.
My wife wants to get her Lexmark 3200 off of her desk and "somewhere
else".  So, I migrated my Laserjet to USB and I'm planning to plug her
printer into the parallel port.

Apsfilter configures fine for the laserjet but I'm having problems with
the Lexmark 3200 (color inkjet).
When I try to configure apsfilter to talk to the Lexmark, I'm told that
I do not have support for the 3200 compiled into ghostscript.  I
upgraded the port to ghostscript-gnu-7.05_5.  I selected all available
printers (I did not see the Lexmark 3200 in the list) and ghostscript
installed without complaining.

I reattempted the Lexmark configuration and it still failed saying I did
not have the Lexmark driver.
I'm not that familiar with ghostscript.  Has anybody seen this before?
TIA