customizing printcap to email file

David Banning david at skytracker.ca
Thu Apr 3 12:33:24 PST 2003

what I would like to do is have windows boxes print to a unix
printer filter which would convert the file into pdf format
and put the file into a directory where it could be emailed
out.

Anyone tried this? First off, I tried modifying the printcap if=
entry to take the file and save it as a file. That was a no go - I
just got an error. Now I am thinking about just stopping the printer,
which would spool the files in the spool directory. I still need
to initiate execution of a program to grab those files and convert
them. I am about to start experimenting with this, but I thought
that someone might have already done this type of thing.