Properly installing the XFree86 4.3.0 port on Freebsd 5

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 2 13:51:50 PST 2003

Hi,

I've been trying to install the X 4.3.0 Port on a full install of FreeBSD 5
Release. In regards to my attempts at installing, I've got several questions.

1. By default, the initial full install puts XFree86 4.2.0 on the system.
How do I properly overwrite/uninstall this so that 4.3.0 can replace it?
When I use 'make install clean' in the XFree86-4 port and examine using
pkg_version, there are two XFree86s.

2. A little more desperate. How do I properly install the 4.3.0 port? I've
tried numerous times in XFree86-4 as well as its client, libraries, server
and fonts directories and every time it fails.

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks