VPN pass through?

Mark-Nathaniel Weisman mark at outlander.us
Tue Apr 1 10:40:03 PST 2003

I have a W2K VPN server (RRAS using PPTP) setup behind my FreeBSD firewall. I also have a web server, mail server, and several others. I've setup up my ipfw to allow packets for port 1723 on both tcp and udp from any to any, and setup up NATD to redirect_port 1723 to the internal address of my VPN box. I am unable to pass the packets through, and when I put the redirect statement in my natd.conf file, none of the redirection works. I've tried redirecting both the port and the protocol to no avail. Can someone take a moment to explain where I'm going wrong?

A Faithful Servant,
Mark