ports/178242: bsd.python.mk injection of @exec easy_install to PLIST creates inappropriate post-install scripts for pkgng

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Thu May 30 14:20:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/178242; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, chris.dukes.aix at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/178242: bsd.python.mk injection of @exec easy_install to
 PLIST creates inappropriate post-install scripts for pkgng
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 16:16:32 +0200

 --089e0139ff30626e0e04ddf026cb

 Hi,

 I don't know if that fixes the problem reported or not, but what is sure is
 that the patched proposed is wrong :)

 and this patch is a "cleaner" version to do with pkgng what
 bsd.python.mktries to do with the pointed target. As I don't know how
 easy_install
 works, I can't say if that also fixes the problem spotted by the reported.

 http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/easy_install.diff

 regards,
 Bapt

 --089e0139ff30626e0e04ddf026cb

  reported or not, but what is sure is that the patched proposed is wrong :)=
 gng what <a href=3D"http://bsd.python.mk">bsd.python.mk</a> tries to do wit=
 h the pointed target. As I don't know how easy_install works, I can&#39=
 ;t say if that also fixes the problem spotted by the reported.<br>

 iv>

 --089e0139ff30626e0e04ddf026cb--