ports/176993: math/py-matplotlib/work does not see installed numpy

Vladimir Chukharev chukharev at mail.ru
Sat Mar 16 14:10:02 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/176993; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Vladimir Chukharev" <chukharev at mail.ru>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, Vladimir.Chukharev at gmail.com, "Geoffrey
 Mainland" <mainland at apeiron.net>
Subject: Re: ports/176993: math/py-matplotlib/work does not see installed
 numpy
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 16:04:43 +0200

 On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:19:10 +0200, Geoffrey Mainland <mainland at apeiron.net> wrote:

 > Hi Vladimir,
 >
 > If you start the python interpreter and type "import numpy", what
 > happens?

 Yeah, that is it. The last line is
 ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libalapack.so.2: Undefined symbol "cblas_zswap"

   $ pkg_info -W /usr/local/lib/libalapack.so.2
 /usr/local/lib/libalapack.so.2 was installed by package atlas-3.8.4_2,1

 So, I will reinstall atlas with the default options now (that's not fast
 IIRC...), then matplotlib again, and let you know the results.

 BTW, can the message be more clear in your port?

 --
 Vladimir Chukharev