PowerMac G4 booting from memstick image

Mehul Sanghvi mehul.sanghvi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 05:12:15 UTC 2021

I was able to get FBSD-13 installed !

I did two things so am not sure which one actually worked

1.  I changed to using an older USB stick I had

2.  I did the following at loader prompt

    OK  unload
    OK  set kern.smp.disabled=“1”
    OK  boot-conf

Hopefully I did that correctly and that was the fix rather than changing the USB stick

The problem I have now is that OpenFirmware is setup to boot NetBSD and I don’t know what I need
to set for the boot-device and boot-file variables in order for auto-boot to work.  At the moment I am unable to boot manually either.

cheers,

   mehul